Truly Valued, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our goal is to create an environment of learning and explorational growth for at-risk youth to cultivate positive relationships and give back to their local community. Truly Valued, Inc. creates a mentor network partnership with local churches, schools and various organizations to support youth development.
Truly Valued Pledge
I pledge to lead the way by
Staying true to God,
Walking in love,
And caring for my community
For I am Truly Valued.
I Am Academy Mentoring Program is designed to help cultivate the skills that our young people need to develop as successful adults with a strong sense of their own identity. The innovative, group-style mentoring program empowers through direct instruction, experiential learning, as well as trust and team building activities designed to improve confidence and respect for others.
Success for I Am Academy participants is defined and determined by 80% of participants showing positive behavior changes in two or more of the four pillars of building character, confidence, education opportunities, and self-esteem and awareness.
As of January 2023-
• 16 of 17 (94%) named two things they learned that represented at least two of the four pillars.
• 14 of 17 (82%) named something in building character i.e., anti-bullying and helping others.
• 8 of 17 (47%) named something in increased confidence such as being able to communicate better.
• 14 of 17 (82%) named something in increased character and awareness.
The Nurturing Families Program® is a family-centered program designed for the prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect. Both parents with children birth to 18 years participate group-based. Lessons are competency-based ensuring parental learning and mastery of skills.
Success for Nurturing Families participants is defined by 70 % of participants showing improvement according to the Adult Adolescent Parenting Inventory (AAPI) as indicated through pre and posttests.
As of January 2023-
• 9 out of 12 (75%) participants achieved this target.
70% of participants will show positive behavior changes in two or more of the three pillars of confidence, opportunities, and relationships which are defined below:
Confidence - Standing up for oneself and communicating needs and wants, using positive coping skills, reduced impulsive behaviors.
Opportunities - Seeking further education and/or job training by enrolling in a program or college. Applying for and obtaining employment.
Relationships - Healthier interactions and communications with family and others. Demonstrating appropriate social skills.
• 11 out of 12 (91%) participants achieved this target.
This series allows attendees to meet and talk with successful professionals from the community who share their own backgrounds and information about their careers. This program is offered to a wider range of youth throughout the year, allowing us to expand our service as well as to identify new youth to enroll in our weekly program.
E3 Speaker Series October 15, 2022 - Mental Health Awareness – G. Orlando Pickens
• 75 RSVP, 25 in attendance, 17 completed the reflections.
• 17 out 25 68% of attendees participated in responding to the reflection question.
• 16 out 17 95% of reflection participants expressed that they would do something differently because of what they learned.
• 16 out 17 95% of reflection participants expressed that the presentation changed their viewpoint on mental illness in a positive way, as a result of what they learned.
Thank you for your support in serving our community!
Sign up to hear from us about upcoming events, our projects, and how you can help!
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free, 1-800-HELP-FLA or online at www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Registration #CH48452